Saturday, July 01, 2006

el gordòn

Last Sunday, Gordon, Catherine and I went to eat at La Mesa de Tio Pancho, a place that Ivette took me to before and they serve fabulous tostadas, sopes and tortas. Oh my!

It’s a small place that is literally, like many small places in Loreto, a room in someone’s house that they’ve converted into a small restaurant on the street corner. It’s two women who cook out of the kitchen right off the room with tables. So it doesn’t take much for them to get busy and when we got there they already had several orders to go so we were told we’d have to wait a bit. We were starving and there isn’t much else open on Sunday and I knew that the kids would dig the sopes so we stayed.

While we were waiting a heavy set guy was out front talking to a woman waiting at the counter smoking and drinking a pepsi. One of the women from the kitchen yells out “gordo ven! (fat guy, come here!)” and I laughed and said that woman just told the fat guy to come here. And they said really, she said fat guy? And I said yeah! Hee

So then Gordon says yeah when I tell people my name they think I’m saying me llamo gordo (my name is fat guy). And we were laughing and Gordon said, yeah and I don’t think I’m that fat. I said well you know if you add “-on” to an adjective it adds emphasis and makes it a noun. So for example, baqueta, is a lazy, slobbery person but baquetON is THE lazy slobbery guy. So Gordon, isn’t just a fat guy he’s THE fat guy (even though he’s not that fat).

so now, Gordon has fully embraced el GorDON like it’s his mafia nickname. Now he just needs to get back on TEAM TECATE and his life would be complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home