Thursday, June 30, 2005

@#$% computer part II

well, my Dell has officially shit the bed (to steal a quote from my dear friend Corlean who was the first to experience my research travels through baja and is now knocked up and milky on an island in the Carribean with her chef husband...)

now all i'm receiving is a "no hard disk drive or optical disk"

in other words, it won't boot up.

and i had been very diligent about backing up photos on to CD whilst in Mexico but didn't get a chance to the last week. and the saddest part about that is that on the last day of diving I was able to go to the wreck again and this time the visibility was CRYSTAL CLEAR. oh god it was A-MAYZ-ING. the little (40 cm) garropa were so beautiful and i got some good pictures and now they're trapped inside the autistic mind of my DELL pc which i've hated ever since I got it and I'm going to find a place to get it repaired and to transfer whatever information is pertinent to me onto another drive and hurl that thing out of my car like Lane Meyer did when he hucked his radio out of his assy stationwagon for playing crappy breakup songs after his girlfriend dumped him for Roy Stalin...

seriously, i'll do it.

so of course now i feel i'm way far behind in this blog thing because i was waiting to blog when i had pictures and i don't want to tell the story without pictures because, golly, the pictures just make it all worth while (at least for me) in spite of the loooooong loading time.

so dear, single reader of mine, please be patient while i experience my technical difficulties and i promise pictures will be worth it (at least the ones i kept ON the camera @#$%ing DELL!!)

ps i'm typing this post on my faithful, trusty, and dusty MAC G3 laptop that is going on 9 years old now, didn't cost NEARLY as much as that assy DELL, and has had less than HALF the problems in that time that i've had with that assyDELL in 1/3 the time. oh and please don't get me started on DELL "award winning customer service....."

and in complete rebellion i ordered a mini MAC from amazon.com today and it should be here next week. it has everything i NEED right now and can afford, not everything i WANT mind you but the price was perfect for me right now and i'm so over the DELL and I already have a mac usb keyboard and mouse. now all i need is the monitor, but i may try to see if i can use this G3 monitor with it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home