Tuesday, September 13, 2005

postcards from alaska

well, i've been super-busy trying to get ready for this conference and now i'm here in alaska. this is the conference:
ALASKA CONFERENCE
when i booked my flight i tried to get on alaska through seattle but because i used my credit card to pay for my scuba tank fills in mexico and then my credit card company put my account on fraud alert but then didn't alert ME. so when i tried to book the trip the reservation wouldn't go through, but travelocity would put a "merchant hold" on that amount on my credit card anyway. so i unwittingly put three merchant holds on my card without receiving reservations. by the time i got the whole thing straightened out i couldn't get that flight so i got onto delta which flew from sacramento to salt lake city to anchorage. at the time i was just trying to grab the cheapest flight left and it wasn't until i was leaving for the airport i thought, what the hell? utah isn't exactly in the direct path to alaska.

as much as i hate flying it was amazing flying from sac to utah. i was lucky i got a window seat that flight and we flew over tahoe and the sierras. just amazing. the funny thing is when we flew over tahoe i was thinking damn look how big that thing is and then we got to utah and flew over salt lake and holy crap! tahoe's a puddle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home