Saturday, July 28, 2007

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

just when i was starting to get depressed about leaving and having no money something great happened to make my life less stressful and sad: i sprained my ankle last night!!!

isn't that great?? i'm so happy about it!!!

and it's totally weird that i did it because normally i'm so refined and graceful.

**pounds on knees** I'M SO STUPID!! STUPID!!!

i was going to go to a club with a friend and she was getting off work at 10:30 so i was jogging up the steps to her work (there are about 7 or 8 from the street to the front door) and i'm half way up the steps when i hear from behind me "MICHELE!! MICHELE!!" so i turn to see who it is and as i realize who it is i start to turn and run back down the steps (which are narrow) and my right foot misses the next step, hits the edge of the step below it and BLAM! down i go! and it was more like i launched myself then fell because i was quite far from the steps when i landed.

and of course i'm really embarassed and it must have looked really bad because they both came running over with these looks on their faces like omg i hope she's alive. they help me up and i'm ok. i'm so red in the face, my ankle hurts and my palms and wrists hurt (i tried to catch myself, in fact, considering how fast i fell i'm surprised i didn't sprain a wrist too).

i woke up this morning with an ankle three times it's normal size and i can barely walk so as you can imagine, i'm thrilled at the possibility of not diving during the remaining time here (or even going out on a boat, which i MUST MUST MUST do because i'm pretty sure my friend Ivette and I are the ONLY PEOPLE IN LORETO that haven't seen the freaking whale sharks that everyone is seeing) and i'm super thrilled at the idea of packing my truck for the trip home.

gah!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your fall. I send email kisses to your swollen, red ankle. Do please be careful! (Yes, mom!) lov you! s

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helllloooooo!!!!! I'm getting worried about you!
lov s

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home