Wednesday, July 18, 2007

it's that time again...

where it's only 2-3 weeks before i leave here and well, i'm trying not to be too sad.

and of course, you have no idea what a happy place this is for me because i've posted hardly anything lately. yikes. first of all, besides just this place being my happy place, i also have been staying in a great house that my friend got for me. it's the best possible situation i've found myself in in the four years that i've been coming here. especially considering the trailer of last year. which, btw, also got blown to bits the day AFTER i left last year by hurrican john. yikes!

the house itself is nothing special, walls and a roof, but it has a kitchen, separate rooms, and a nice big yard with big giant gates to park my boat in and keep all my dive gear, and also my truck. it's also nice because it's where my friend works so she comes to the house to work in the office. it doesnt even matter that it doesn't have air, it's seriously the bestest place i've found ever. oh and there's a big ol' mango tree out back so fresh mangos everyday. i need something to balance out the beer...

the other cool thing is that when you face west, there are the mountains

but even better when you look east, the ocean is right there


if i had one complaint about the place, it would be that the neighbors next door have been constructing a second story the ENTIRE time i've been here. and for me, it's not so much the noise or anything, it's the fact that there is a serious lack of privacy! there right there when i open the front door.


which wouldn't be so bad, except that it seems their favorite thing to do is to sit at the top of this staircase and watch EVERYTHING i do in the backyard. it made me feel really self-conscious, them up there watching and i can hear them talking. one day i finally said, um hello i can hear you, AND i speak spanish. then i was like screw it, if i had dry clothes hanging out on the line i went out in my underwear to go put them on. i think that's enough to scare anyone away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home